Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Marv to players: the next job lost could be yours...
(09-21-2017, 04:22 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Maybe if he took the blame. Saying that he failed the team. That he would resolve to do better. That he needed to be held accountable for his failures. That would be a start.

Pretty much.

He (sort of) took some responsibility in the Frazier situation (if I'm remembering right, it was more like 'it's my fault Frazier wasn't a good coach). Kind of backhanded, but there was that time. The only other thing I could remember where Marvin said he had any real fault was... and this is going to have me cleaning up sooooo many posts later... Gatorade.

Quote:I was told this morning about Johnathan's comments that were printed," Lewis said Wednesay in an online chat with the Cincinnati Enquirer. "It's my fault that I feel that a player doesn't need to take a dozen Gatorades home in his backpack each night and that we are paying him a salary. I'm sure that Johnathan would not have been one of the abusive players, but it is my policy."
https://www.cincyjungle.com/2012/7/18/3168370/marvin-lewis-responds-to-johnathan-josephs-bash-against-the
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Marv to players: the next job lost could be yours... - Benton - 09-21-2017, 04:38 PM