Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Attorney: 'Busty' teen kicked out of class for wearing this outfit
(09-22-2017, 11:48 AM)Belsnickel Wrote: While it says that my statement is "lesser agreed upon" (I admittedly heard this when I was in high school), this article discusses the question and all answers indicate attracting a mate: https://www.livescience.com/32745-why-do-women-have-breasts.html

This article also discusses how the development was for mate attraction based on evolutionary principles: Mascia‐Lees, F. E., Relethford, J. H., & Sorger, T. (1986). Evolutionary perspectives on permanent breast enlargement in human females. American Anthropologist, 88(2), 423-428.

And another: Barber, N. (1995). The evolutionary psychology of physical attractiveness: Sexual selection and human morphology. Ethology and Sociobiology, 16(5), 395-424.

Look, I'm against using this as any justification for the dress codes, but there is a lot of evidence out there to suggest that the reason humans are the only primates with permanently enlarged breasts is at least in part for the purposes of attracting a mate. Can't ignore the science.

Edit: Sorry I can't give you links, I don't know when an article is locked down or not, so I give you APA citation and if you can find an open version, good on you.

Can't ignore this either when someone tries to spout off that gender is fluid and can change. Afterall we can't ignore the science.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Attorney: 'Busty' teen kicked out of class for wearing this outfit - StLucieBengal - 09-22-2017, 11:59 AM