Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Goodell calls Trump's comments "divisive"
(09-24-2017, 01:48 PM)michaelsean Wrote: I’m really pissed that this just adds more politics to something that’s supposed to be an escape.  I don’t care if CK thinks police eat babies and I don’t care if Trump thinks he’s an SOB, but I do care that it invaded my entertainment because there’s no way they can pretend it didn’t happen.  And I don’t need “well maybe this is what it takes to make you aware.”  I’ll choose how much reality I want and when I want it.

There was a time in American history when sports and politics collided, and as a result America was better for it. I am referring to the 1950s and 60s when Jackie Robinson and then other black players started to come in MLB. Then you had black football and basketball players coming in the NFL and NBA, and college as well. 

That I am sure ruffled a lot of sports fans feathers back then for making their beloved sports political. However that was a time when segregation was legally allowed, and social injustices were beyond anything that exists in todays world. And through sports people saw for the first time that whites and blacks can play and work together on a scale never seen before in any other way. 

I just want to point that out to those that say they dont want their sports invade by politics and sjws out there. 

But as I said before, the kneeling has shown to not be effective in getting discussion for those in power to make changes to help prevent very few cops out there to do their job that treats everyone the same. All it has done is bring up the discussion of protesting the flag and anthem. And now it is blown out of all proportions that is just ridiculous.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Goodell calls Trump's comments "divisive" - Millhouse - 09-24-2017, 02:47 PM