Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Goodell calls Trump's comments "divisive"
(09-24-2017, 10:40 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Not many to be sure.  However, it's not like the national anthem being played before sporting events is a new development, it was going on long before any player in the league was drafted or signed as a free agent.  While I get the point you are making it doesn't address the core issue at hand; how many employers allow their employees to make political statements on the clock?  At work you are a representative of your employer, everything you do reflects on them.  It's certainly not the only reason, but one of the main reasons I have never divulged what agency I work for is that there are posters here who would ascribe my viewpoints with those of my employer.

But it still begs the questions, how many employers require their employees to make political statements on the clock?

I see your point, but it's not like McDonald's or Generic Steel Mill Inc is starting every shift with the anthem. Working at The Gap doesn't require you to swear fealty to anything.

Personally, my scruples aren't that big. If someone would pay me $3 million a year and all I've got to do is stand up during the anthem, drive my shoulder into someone's chest and not get arrested... I'd  stand up during the anthem, drive my shoulder into someone's chest and not get arrested.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Goodell calls Trump's comments "divisive" - Benton - 09-24-2017, 10:56 PM