Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Goodell calls Trump's comments "divisive"
(09-25-2017, 12:04 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Dude, this issue was politicized long before Trump joined the fray.  He certainly ramped up the amplitude but he didn't create the situation. 

And why did Trump jump into the fray? Seriously. I thought it was a nearly dead issue until Trump started calling people out.

Quote:The situation is different, to be sure.  The showing of respect for the country represented by the flag is not.  I don't care if some fool burns the flag, steps on it, urinates on it, whatever.  The country is not the flag.  But understand that such disrespect for the flag inherently shows disrespect for the country it represents.  To many they are inseparable.

Point being, it's a lazy way to pretend you're making a difference.  You're not, at least not in the way you state as your objective.  This protest hasn't been about racial injustice for a long time, and I doubt it will ever again be perceived as such by many.

In the end, it boils down to perception. People can debate Kaepernick's motives, or anyone else's, but at the end of the day, it boils down to their perception of their motives. Much like the presidency. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Goodell calls Trump's comments "divisive" - Benton - 09-26-2017, 10:42 AM