Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Could this be Mike Brown's last year?
(09-26-2017, 01:55 PM)Pat5775 Wrote: I doubt it. In fact, I'm fairly certain Mike has taken a significant step back already. Enough of a step that he's pretty much a non factor. 

He was quoted a year or so ago saying something along the lines of, "it's Marvin and Katie's team now". That quote and a few others from various people over the years (like Marvin essentially saying it was his choice to fire Zampese) tells me Mike is owner/GM in name only. He's been slowly handing over the team for years and what we're seeing now is a direct result of Marvin Lewis. Katie is doing her usual duties of negotiating contracts. Marvin has the vast majority of control now. I believe this is the coaching staff he wanted, the offensive line he wanted, and the players he wanted. And I gotta tell ya... I'm not impressed  Whatever

Hopefully Katie is brave enough to let Marv walk after this year. And hopefully she lets whoever takes his place have as much control as Marvin does/did. 

There is no way that this is the offensive line that Marvin wanted. There is also no way that Marvin Lewis wanted to go into the season with $18.6 million in cap space.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Could this be Mike Brown's last year? - THE PISTONS - 09-26-2017, 01:56 PM