Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Could this be Mike Brown's last year?
(09-27-2017, 11:45 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Not directed at you...but's funny watching fans undulate.

The Bengals had 2 GREAT drafts with Dalton/Green/Boling and Atkins/Dunlap and fans assumed that Katie took over. That Marvin took over. That Tobin took over.

Now that we've had average to below average drafts every year since...fans don't know what to think.

Perhaps our great drafts were luck? I mean Green was an obvious pick. Dalton? We need a QB when Palmer left so it was Dalton, Kaepernick, or Mallet. Atkins was a great find. Dunlap was projected to go that high and played at a big school.

I know what you're saying, but for me, I have a huge suspicion the offensive line issues are due to decisions Lewis made. On top of that, Lewis has never really seemed to push for signing free agents. We know Brown doesn't like to do so, but it's imperative that sometimes, we need to sign quality free agents and I don't think Lewis seems to push for that. I don't want a GM that is going to be okay with just building through the draft. Add to that his flaws in picking coordinators and not replacing ineffectual coaches and I worry that he won't pick good coaches.

I used to be okay with the thought of being a GM because I think he does have a good eye for talent, but after much thought and considering what a GM's duties typically are, I just don't think Lewis would make a good one.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Could this be Mike Brown's last year? - PhilHos - 09-27-2017, 12:06 PM