Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Could this be Mike Brown's last year?
(09-27-2017, 04:13 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: This was before Zeitler hit free agency:

I don’t see it, I mean cause Kevin Zeitler turned down good money, turned down an offer that was something like $5.5 million per year average. But, you know, when you look at it, (Kelechi) Osemele got like $12 million bucks a year from the Oakland Raiders last year, as a guard. So Zeitler’s like, hmm. Osemele made the Pro Bowl team, Zeitler is second team. So Kevin Zeitler is thinking, I’ve gotta be eight, nine, 10, seven (million) worst case scenario. And not just Kevin, Kevin and his agents. But I don’t see the Bengals paying that kind of dollars to a guard when they have other guys they feel they can plug in and play,” Lapham said.

https://www.cincyjungle.com/2017/1/3/14157272/dave-lapham-doesnt-see-bengals-re-signing-both-kevin-zeitler-and-andrew-whitworth

So DeCastro gets $10 million a year and the Bengals offer Zeitler $5.5 million a year!?!?

You think Lewis was like 'Let's lowball Zeitler! I want you to make more profit Bengals!'

No, but he clearly didn't fight hard enough and tell Brown, "Hey, make sure you re-sign Zeitler, even if it costs a little extra."
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Could this be Mike Brown's last year? - PhilHos - 09-27-2017, 04:21 PM