Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Was Kirkpatrick over Zeitler the right choice?
(09-28-2017, 02:05 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: If you think he was a bad run blocker, I would ask that you to never speak on OL issues ever again please. Zeitler was a great run blocker sandwiched between a bad center and a bad run blocking RT. And just because you don't understand how contract markets work once they are reset, don't take it out on Zeitler. 

Osemele signed a 5yr 60 million deal in 2016. Decastro and Long also signed huge deals that year. Osemele is the only one of those I'd say is as good as or better than Zeitler. Zeitler is also the youngest of that group. But like Osemele, he reached FA the others didn't so naturally signed for less. Most teams are smart enough to not let top tier guards walk after rookie contracts. 

Numerous times he would actually block multiple people at once. But that's not good right? 

Watch Zeitler on pulls to the left last year and tell me how good of a run blocker he was.

Dude was so slow the D-lineman would hit our RB in the backfield all the damn time.

To call him a great run blocker is assinine, sure he was between Bovine and Og but still, he had his problems all by himself and to say he is a GREAT run blocker is more extravagant than me calling him a BAD run blocker. Also saying he was worth the contract the Browns gave him after this play is nutz.

Zeitler is a great pass blocker, not a great run blocker. Put some of that on PA but you will probably defend him.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Was Kirkpatrick over Zeitler the right choice? - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 09-28-2017, 03:53 PM