Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Was Kirkpatrick over Zeitler the right choice?
(09-28-2017, 02:05 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: If you think he was a bad run blocker, I would ask that you to never speak on OL issues ever again please. Zeitler was a great run blocker sandwiched between a bad center and a bad run blocking RT. And just because you don't understand how contract markets work once they are reset, don't take it out on Zeitler. 

Osemele signed a 5yr 60 million deal in 2016. Decastro and Long also signed huge deals that year. Osemele is the only one of those I'd say is as good as or better than Zeitler. Zeitler is also the youngest of that group. But like Osemele, he reached FA the others didn't so naturally signed for less. Most teams are smart enough to not let top tier guards walk after rookie contracts. 

Numerous times he would actually block multiple people at once. But that's not good right? 

Unlike Osemele, Long, and DeCastro, Zeitler has never been a Pro Bowler and never been named an All Pro. You're welcome to your opinion, but the general consensus is that he wasn't even a top 5 G.  Aside from QB, good players  do not get record setting deals.  An elite player may get more than a better player at the same position, but Zeitler isn't an elite player.  

I'm not sure where you think teams don't let good guards walk after their rookie deals.  The 49'ers let Mike Iupati walk.  The Ravens let Osemele and Ben Grubbs walk.  

Zeitler isn't worth $12 million a year.  Anybody arguing that he is is overating him based on our lack of quality offensive linemen.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Was Kirkpatrick over Zeitler the right choice? - Whatever - 09-28-2017, 11:19 PM