Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Was Kirkpatrick over Zeitler the right choice?
(09-28-2017, 04:19 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: You are literally looking at one aspect of being a run blocker and trying to apply it to the game as a whole. That's lazy and dishonest at worst.

He was a powerful run blocker who was able to generate movement and get to the second level. 
He was never a great pulling guard. Wasn't at Wisconsin. It's not his game. This is like saying Brady can't be a great QB because he wasn't great at running the ball. 
It's just one part of the whole equation. It doesn't mean that he isn't great. 

Even Andre was a shit run blocker towards his end here as injuries kept piling up. Zeitler was in the situation Boling is in now. He has to do the brunt of the work on the left side and that's an insane task for a guard.
Do you know how many of those pulls were blown up because the center lost ground and expanded the distance he had to travel? Do you know how many times he (and Clint) were asked to make incredibly difficult blocks because they knew the center couldn't make them....

No, you arguing that because he wasn't a great pulling guard means all other aspects of his run blocking are bad is asinine and far worse than saying he's a great run blocker. Because he is. 

While i agree there are tons more aspects to being a run blocker than just pulling your comparison to Brady not
being a good QB because he isn't a good running QB is another ludicrous thing to say. Not even close to what i am
saying and is just a lazy analogy.

Boling is a fine pulling Guard and was the only Guard that could do it last year. Heck, even Og is a good pulling OT.

This is mostly on PA, with his blocking scheme which is passive and does not work to his Lineman's strengths.

If you are arguing we should of gave Zeitler a much better offer than we did as Pistons brought to our attention i
agree, but he was overpaid by the Clowns and to say different to me is crazy.

We should of paid Whit what he got from the Rams, not what Zeitler got from the Clowns.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Was Kirkpatrick over Zeitler the right choice? - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 09-29-2017, 01:03 PM