Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Black Lives matter shuts down Bernie
(08-13-2015, 08:10 PM)jakefromstatefarm Wrote: I would rather be poor here than in any country in the history of the world. 

Poor people here have food stamps, section 8 housing, medicaid, WIC, head-start, utility assistance, welfare, cash assistance, SSDI, public housing, many private charities that will donate a large variety of things from clothing to cash assistance to furniture, and the list goes on and on. 

I don't like the idea of people living in the sewer or starving to death, so to suggest that I'm somehow in favor that because I despise big government and social welfare programs that may be started with the best of intentions but often fail and lead to dependence is ridiculous. 

Again, charity through government force is ridiculous.  The idea of people who are trying losing some or all of their benefits because they work more hours or take a promotion is ridiculous and discouraging people from getting off of the dole. 

There are loads of people who are stuck in a cycle of perpetual poverty because the very design of most of these programs were to get these people "trapped" in the system.  

I can't figure out what you think should be done?

You sem to be in favor of cutting out government benefits to the poor.  But then you say we need these programs?

Tell me exactly what you think should be done so I can properly address your position.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Black Lives matter shuts down Bernie - fredtoast - 08-14-2015, 05:38 PM