Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Deadliest Mass Shooting in US History: 50 dead in Las Vegas
(10-03-2017, 12:25 PM)michaelsean Wrote: But things like "Oh my God he had 10 guns."  You can only use one at a time. I guess you could argue that if he has another one handy he could save three seconds reloading.  It's going to come down to mental illness and how we deal with it.  

This particular one, so far, is an enigma.  People with psychoses usually start showing it by twenty, and certainly by forty, and here this guy is in his sixties, and nobody can recall him having any sort of issues.  

He had set up two weapons (probably AR-15's with slide stocks) with scopes on tripods at the windows he smashed in separate rooms of the suite so that he could switch weapons and cover a wider area while also retaining a high rate of fire. When hotel security came to his room, he had another weapon he used to fire at them through the door (one of the security guards was hit in the ankle). Presumably, he used another weapon, a handgun, to kill himself. He probably had the other weapons lying around the room as contingencies for different scenarios he envisioned could occur.

Clearly he took his amateur sniping hobby seriously.

I don't think this guy was anymore crazy than Timothy McVeigh. The only difference between the two was that McVeigh had a pseudo-political cause. This guy, by all current accounts, did not. He just had a perverse hankering to use firearms to murder people. There may have been some impetus to drive him to do this act at this particular time, such as a cancer diagnosis or something similar. But by the amount of time spent in planning this and acquiring the equipment, this was a yearning he had entertained in his head for sometime.

This isn't mental illness. This is just a guy who gave into evil thoughts.
[Image: 416686247_404249095282684_84217049823664...e=659A7198]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Deadliest Mass Shooting in US History: 50 dead in Las Vegas - Bengalzona - 10-03-2017, 12:55 PM