Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3.5 Average
Myths About Transition Regrets
(10-03-2017, 12:11 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: My question would be, how do you qualify "mental condition"? I ask this because it is something that occurs in the brain, as do most things. However, we can point to physiological differences in the brains of straight people compared to gay, and between cis and trans. There is no causal assurance here, but there is correlative evidence. If there is a physiological difference, then it would be something in the genome that is either coded differently, or expresses itself through epigenetics in a different way.

I guess what I am saying is that a "mental condition" can have roots in biology, psychology, sociology, or a combination of the three. So what do you refer to as a "mental condition" and do you consider it to be a disorder to be treated, or just a difference in the way their body works?

Perception of reality?  Psychopaths often have a different physiology of the brains.  Many mental illnesses result from a difference in the chemistry.  Why one thing is considered a mental illness and another thing isn't, I don't know.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
Myths About Transition Regrets - GMDino - 10-03-2017, 09:53 AM
RE: Myths About Transition Regrets - michaelsean - 10-03-2017, 03:21 PM