Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
6th AFC Playoff spot team has 1 more win than Bengals - must win key tiebreaker games
(10-03-2017, 03:32 PM)depthchart Wrote: Two games back of the Steelers & already with a Division game loss, the Bengals may need to Sweep the 2 games with the Steelers to pass them up for the Division. The margin for error may not allow for a Split of 1 and 1 with the Steelers. May have to win both games and of course then some.

That 6th Playoff Wildcard spot isn't as far away though. The Raiders hold it now at 2 and 2. Bengals are 1 and 3. Just a game back in the Win column plus the need of tiebreakers.

Must win some KEY tiebreaker games to move into that Wildcard spot with 5 other AFC teams trailing the Raiders & also at 2 and 2. One win ahead of the Bengals.

It starts with Buffalo this week as possibly a Key tiebreaker game. Buffalo sits at 3 and 1 but must hold off the Patriots at 2 and 2 for their Division or Buffalo could fall into Wildcard consideration.

The Bengals need to rattle off some potential AFC tiebreaker game Wins against the following teams which are on the schedule.

Buffalo 3 and 1
at Jacksonville 2 and 2
at Tennessee 2 and 2
at Denver 3 and 1 - (5th Wildcard holder right now)
at Ravens 2 and 2

Sitting at 1 and 3, the Bengals could end up tied with a few of these teams in the Win column if they somehow get to 9 or 10 wins.

9 or 10 wins could still fall short of a Wildcard spot without the right tiebreaker Win being achieved.

4 of the 5 games above are on the Road making this an Uphill Climb.

They will flat out have to earn it to get in.

Starts and could "effectively" end this Sunday with the Bills if this game ends up being the tiebreaker later.

You know the chips are down when you start to hear "tiebreakers", "must win", "games back", etc after only 4 games into the season.

Face it, Marv is at the helm.

I could be really mean to Marv right now, but I won't. This is his final year here is my guess.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: 6th AFC Playoff spot team has 1 more win than Bengals - must win key tiebreaker games - BengalChris - 10-03-2017, 08:30 PM