Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Homophobes Might Be Hidden Homosexuals
(10-04-2017, 12:53 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: No doubt only taking what he said the term started off as and then ignoring his own words on how he personally evolved the term is intellectually honest. 

I assume these are his own words that you are referring to:

When a phobia incapacitates a person from engaging in activities considered decent by society, the person himself is the sufferer….But here the phobia appears as antagonism directly toward a particular group of people. Inevitably, it leads to disdain toward the people themselves, and to mistreatment of them. The phobia in operation is a prejudice, and this means we can widen our understanding by considering the phobia from the point of view of its being a prejudice and then uncovering its motives (Weinberg, 1971; see also Weinberg, 1972, p. 8). 

Seems a whole lot like what I said a few posts ago. It is a fear (phobia) and how folks react to that fear can lead to prejudice.

Not every person that dislikes homosexuals have a phobia of them; many hate out of pure ignorance and some may hate with cause (molestation, ect...) 

But I will say it again for the last time: Nobody is taking your word from you; throw it around as you see fit. Just don't be surprised when it loses its original intent much like terrorism. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Homophobes Might Be Hidden Homosexuals - bfine32 - 10-04-2017, 01:06 PM