Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3.5 Average
Myths About Transition Regrets
(10-04-2017, 02:22 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: That's true, but I have the necessary formal medical education and clinical experience to know when to suspect it when I observe certain behaviors.

I have a hard time believing that a clinical psychiatrist would deem himself capable of making that diagnosis here.  There's just too much you can't observe or at least be told first hand.  

Paranoia.  Maybe. Low self-esteem.  Maybe. Fear of abandonment.  No.  Sudden mood swings including inappropriate rage. No.  Remorse following these outbursts?  No.   Quickly changing impressions of people from near adoration to near hate. No.  Self-injuring or sabotage?  Not unless they tell us.  

I'm sure there are plenty of other symptoms, but I'd say these are pretty big on the list.

Edit: I'll be honest, and I don't like saying this because I've always liked and respected you, and that won't change because of one thing I take exception to, but I find it extremely callous for a medical professional to be tossing out psychiatric diagnosis like this. OK on post 40 you said it's like he has it. Not so bad, until you reinforce your belief a couple posts up.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
Myths About Transition Regrets - GMDino - 10-03-2017, 09:53 AM
RE: Myths About Transition Regrets - michaelsean - 10-04-2017, 02:46 PM