Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
California Passes SB 277 Forcing All Children To Get Vaccinated
(05-20-2015, 11:29 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: This is for RG's post as well.   I know it's not the only thing.... It's just one example .  As far as wage gap....  What jobs are your speaking of?    What are we calling "working class" jobs?  Certainly we can't count intro level jobs as "working class"

For me I can say that I make much more than I made as a teacher... But any sales/investing job is like that

Would be curious if we could lay out "working claas" jobs and then maybe delve further into those.  

And RG ... Did you choose to make less by going to work where your working instead of more lucrative options?  It's reasonable to take less for the added security.

It could be argued that I am currently choosing to make less with where I am, but the wage gaps even here are evident. Our salaries are all public record, so it's easy to look at the disparity that exists.

But, at 25 I was working for Rosetta Stone as a Tax Accountant, I had been bumped up from Jr. Tax Accountant, the entry level position. There was one person between myself and the CFO on the corporate chain. The person one rung up made about $20k more than me, which was understandable. The CFO made 5 times his salary, however, and the CEO made twice that.

The wage cap in the corporate world is tremendous, and you can find all sorts of articles about it. It's clear evidence of the destruction of the middle class, if not the cause of it.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR

Messages In This Thread
RE: California Passes SB 277 Forcing All Children To Get Vaccinated - Belsnickel - 05-20-2015, 11:37 AM