Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Deadliest Mass Shooting in US History: 50 dead in Las Vegas
(10-05-2017, 11:25 AM)GMDino Wrote: I'll start by saying I've been consistent in my support for the 2nd amendment.  I think enforcement of current laws is better than continually adding more laws.

I've also said I don't understand the need to modify a weapon so that it acts like an automatic.  I don't think 700 people are going to invade your house at once.  Nor do I think it would really protect anyone if the government did indeed "come for your guns".  If the Marines show up at the door most people will pee themselves and turn over their guns...the ones that think they can fight will be dead long before they get to their stash.

Nonetheless...

"common sense" laws might include things like not letting people deemed by the state as unable to handle their own affairs buy a gun.  Or trying to find all those loopholes where guns being sold without background checks.  Or anything that would LIMIT the amount of guns in the hands of people who should not have them either for legal or medical reasons.  nothing COMPLETELY end these tragedies.

Maybe those laws are there and not being enforced?  Maybe there is an active group opposing any and all gun laws in order to boost sales.

[Image: 22228327_1654000331299381_50602594056883...e=5A7F81A7] 

(10-05-2017, 12:01 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Read post #112 (as per the Solomon Georgio quote).  I'm pro-life, and I know exactly what the pro-life laws are designed to do.  Just like the common sense no smoking laws.  

More proof, if any was needed;

http://www.latimes.com/opinion/editorials/la-ed-las-vegas-mass-shooting-bump-stock-20171005-story.html

Quote:The cleanest solution would be to ban semiautomatic guns entirely, but that’s not likely to happen given who controls the White House and Congress. This isn’t about deterring hunting, or self-defense, or sport shooting, or even fighting off tyranny. It’s about taking away the tools of mass murderers.

I.e. we don't want to take away your guns, because right now we know we can't.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Deadliest Mass Shooting in US History: 50 dead in Las Vegas - Sociopathicsteelerfan - 10-06-2017, 01:15 PM