Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Guenther..do we lose him this off season?
(10-11-2017, 11:46 AM)Go Cards Wrote: 1. Not sure MB is going to hand over this sort of power you desire to a new coach. 

2. Marvin has had a few good OL and could have had a better one this year if somebody would pay interior OL. Not sure it is his fault and he certainly uses most early round picks on offensive players and pieces the D together with later round players. 

3. Now I want what you want badly as well with PA being released. But would only call Marvin uber-conservative when having lead. Then he is the worst, the very worst. But until then, see many shots down field and could probably research the numbers for proof if given the time. But not wasting it here.   

Will be happy if it is an offensive mind (other than Hue) but it is not a requirement for me. 

1. Well Mike did allow Marvin to completely shape the defensive staff when he was hired, so based on that, I'm assuming he'd let an offensive coach shape the offensive staff at the very least.

2. I agree about the interior line and Mike's tendency to not pay those guys, but maybe an offensive coach would push harder to bring in some talent via the draft. Especially if that becomes a focal point for he and a new OL coach.

3. That's what I meant. Marv gets extremely conservative with a lead. I think it's his defensive mentality. Help the defense stay off the field. But it comes back to bite us sometimes when he gets conservative too soon. He often seems to be protecting a lead even in the 3rd quarter. I think this mentality only gets worse for him in the playoffs.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Guenther..do we lose him this off season? - Shake n Blake - 10-11-2017, 11:57 AM