Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Josh Reddick celebrates Astros' ALDS win in American flag Speedo
(10-11-2017, 04:34 PM)michaelsean Wrote: I found the sitting to be disrespectful, but not the kneeling, but either way I don't really care.

And wearing an article of clothing that resembles the flag is not a breach of ettiquette as some think.

https://www.legion.org/flag/questions-answers/91517/it-permissible-wear-item-clothing-looks-united-states-flag

Yeah, that one is pretty clear that it has to be an actual flag, which is why I don't focus on that. I do, however, bring up the imprinting of the flag on paper cups, napkins, plates, and boxes, which does happen frequently and is against the Flag Code. Essentially, if it is disposable, it shouldn't have the flag on it. Of course, the American Legion isn't really a definitive authority on it. But, since the Flag Code isn't really enforceable, it doesn't matter.

Personally, I don't care about any of it, but I like to argue and this is a fun one.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Josh Reddick celebrates Astros' ALDS win in American flag Speedo - Belsnickel - 10-11-2017, 04:50 PM