Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trump to become first president to speak at anti-LGBT hate group's summit
(10-13-2017, 11:52 AM)GMDino Wrote:  

I wasn't "rebutting" anything.  I was seeking clarification as to why it mattered that islam shares views on homosexuals with the group Trump is speaking too. And why that would mean "the left" would be okay with it.

Then, again, why bring up Islam at all?

If you can't figure that out then I have to think you're playing stupid.

Quote:Correct I was trying to make some connection as to why Islam was mentioned in the thread at all since no one else was talking about it and he is not speaking to members of Islam.

Why did I bring up a religion known for intolerance towards homosexuals in a thread about a religiously motivated group being labeled a "hate group" for their views on homosexuals?  let me ponder that one for a moment.

Quote:I did.  Thanks.

Anytime.

Quote:Could be because of their strict stance against fellow citizens that happen to be homosexuals.  Religiously based or not.  I mean they aren't a church, are they?  You can't label the entire Catholic church (for example) as a hate group because they say homosexuality is a sin.  But they can say a single group like this one is.

Why can't you label the catholic church a hate group for preaching the exact same ideology?

Quote:Even if we want to say the SPLC has no right to label any group their actions make it precarious for the President to go and speak in front of.  I mean unless he plans to go and tell them they are wrong and homosexuals are good, normal people.

I doubt he'll do that.

Rock On

Just spitballing here, but he may support some of their platform and not the part about homosexuals?  Is the POTUS restricted to speaking only to groups they agree with 100%?  I do recall an defense being made about Obama attending Wright's church that went along the lines of they didn't buy in to all of reverand Wright's views.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Trump to become first president to speak at anti-LGBT hate group's summit - Sociopathicsteelerfan - 10-13-2017, 12:08 PM