Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trump to become first president to speak at anti-LGBT hate group's summit
(10-13-2017, 12:17 PM)hollodero Wrote: I don't understand that one...?

The left and islam is a bit of an odd alliance.  As opposition to islam's extreme tenants typically comes from the right, the left tends to defend them as victims of oppression.  This is ironic considering that islam, as practiced in most places, especially muslim majority countries, is about as conservative an ideology as currently exists on this planet.  Women and homosexuals are routinely treated in ways that couldn't even be considered in western countries.  The howls of outrage over, not insignificant but comparatively minor, things such as Title 9 or marriage equality dwarf those directed at the behavior condoned and justified in most of the world in the name of islam.

(10-13-2017, 12:18 PM)GMDino Wrote: Are you saying they should?

If they consistently use the same criteria to label an organization a hate group then absolutely.  I wonder why they don't do that?

Quote:Eh, they say they are pro-life and pro-marriage.  Trump is neither of those things either.

I agree with you, but much of his voting base is.

Quote:Seems like an odd connection unless he agrees with "something" they stand for.  I wonder what that could be?

The fact that they vote for him.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Trump to become first president to speak at anti-LGBT hate group's summit - Sociopathicsteelerfan - 10-13-2017, 12:44 PM