Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trump to become first president to speak at anti-LGBT hate group's summit
(10-13-2017, 02:35 PM)hollodero Wrote: That sounds about right. 
It just seems even you sometimes fall into the partisan trap of claiming or proving one side is worse or more hypocritical, which might very well be the case (I feel the same sometimes, only more often in the opposite direction), but in this case.... I give "the right" the courtesy of not associating them with your current abomination of a president (forgive my honesty), but I feel you should also give "the left" the courtesy of not associating them with Obama donors.

And in the end, I don't even know if I can blame Obama (or any republican) for that. The candidates can be principled and say "no" to certain donors, all fine and respectable, but they will never get any votes then for the public wouldn't even know their name. When your ambition is to become a political figure and change things, and these intentions might be oh so noble, you have no choice but to play along, or you do not stand a chance. This is one of the most inexplicable things about US politics for an outsider. From the staunchest conservative to the most fiery leftist hothead, all of these people, the whole spectrum, should agree with what you said here and so lay the spark for a change. Yet partisan issues always seem to take precedence in the end and nothing changes. It's a political demand that has to come from the people, I agree with that; the politicians themselves won't and even if the wanted, probably couldn't change it without great public awareness of that.

Incest can lead to bury defects on kids who don’t get a say in being born. Necrophiliacs can catch and spread a variety of diseases. Whether both of those are moral laws or not, it’s irrellevant as both have some realistic concerns for people outside of the participant. Same with animals.

There’s no basis for anti-gay laws outside of spiritual beliefs.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Trump to become first president to speak at anti-LGBT hate group's summit - Benton - 10-13-2017, 03:52 PM