Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trump to become first president to speak at anti-LGBT hate group's summit
(10-13-2017, 12:49 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: I couldn't care less what SPLC labels them, nor do I care about how other religions view gay people. I don't even know where the Muslim comment came from.

A group that lobbies government officials to legalize discrimination against a class of people and calls them detrimental to society on the basis of their gender, orientation, race, or any similar factor is a hate group. Discrimination is hostility towards a group.

To clarify, the label I apply to them has to do with their actions and statements, not the labels used by any other group. I don't think any logical poster here would argue with labeling the Family Research Council a "hate group" if we took everything they wrote and lobbied for and replaced sexual orientation with skin color, age, or disability. Giving someone a pass because they justify discrimination with religion doesn't make it any less immoral.

So then Islam is a hate group as well....I can go along with that.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Trump to become first president to speak at anti-LGBT hate group's summit - Vlad - 10-13-2017, 08:02 PM