Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trump to become first president to speak at anti-LGBT hate group's summit
(10-13-2017, 03:57 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: I'll explain.  The left rightfully rails against discrimination coming from the religious right, which in this country is generally Christian based faiths.  However, at the exact same time they turn a blind eye, or at least temper their outrage, to similar offenses perpetrated by Islamic faith adherents.  Do you recall the female genital mutilation case in Minnesota?  Was there an enormous outrage over this?  You even had people arguing that it's part of the culture.

So, then the catholic church is a hate group.  I have no problems with labels as long as they are applied equally to anyone who fits the criteria.

We agree 100%.  Sadly, many do not share this level of consistency.  Religious based reasons for hateful activity are no more justifiable than secular ones.

I'd label any Catholic group lobbying for the same things and using the same language a "hate group". 

As far as the religion itself, many have some hateful views. I'm happy to apply them evenly. For some reason, others, as you noted, excuse hate when it is justified as a religious view. 
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Trump to become first president to speak at anti-LGBT hate group's summit - BmorePat87 - 10-16-2017, 12:52 PM