Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
4 & 2, just beat Chiefs, play G-Bay later without Rodgers - Division likley for Pitt
(10-16-2017, 01:08 PM)packerbacker Wrote: It would be great if the Bengals beat the Steelers in the playoffs this season. You guys always play Pittsburgh tough so you never know.

Thanks, PB, and the Bengals have one thing this year that I can't remember ever seeing against piggy:  a pass rush that can get home with the front four.  

This is the team that I was thinking about when always clamoring for an outside speed rusher and the synergy it would create with Geno and Dunlap.  Heck, even MJ is getting home now from a DT position due to some of the other pressures.  We don't have just one guy that is capable of making a game-changing play this week, but three in Lawson, Willis, and Smith that are new to the mix.  Their depth allows for a rotation to keep fresh guys coming off the edge and generating pressure.

For years, the Bengals would stubbornly rush just four guys, the steelers front would go max protection, piggy would pat the ball for what seemed like an eternity and then finally dump it off to a RB for an easy first down.  Watch, wince, repeat....for soooo many years.  

Not this year.  Vigil can cover their TEs.  The defense will have 7 in coverage.  And no longer will piggy be able to say to himself:  "this little piggy went to market, this little piggy stayed home, this little piggy got roast beef, and this little piggy cried weeeeeeeee....".  This time, this little piggy will be slaughtered and made in to bacon and I can't wait.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: 4 & 2, just beat Chiefs, play G-Bay later without Rodgers - Division likley fo... - SHRacerX - 10-17-2017, 08:55 AM