Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Globally, Broad Support for Representative and Direct Democracy
(10-17-2017, 09:43 AM)Belsnickel Wrote: I read a Foreign Policy article on this survey, which hyped one part of this a bit much. I won't say what, particularly, but I thought it would be interesting to talk about the survey on here. Though it could just be because I am a nerd.

http://www.pewglobal.org/2017/10/16/globally-broad-support-for-representative-and-direct-democracy/

There is more, a lot more, at the link, including the actual numbers. I encourage you to check it out. Also, what about you? What do you think of the different governments? Would you consider a strong leader, government by experts, or military government something you'd be okay with? Do you think direct democracy would work out? How confident are you in our representative democratic system?

I think we have a good "system".  I think we have a bad way of choosing which people are in that system.

No one should head an agency that has no idea what the agency does or has zero experience with the area that it covers, for example.

Voting districts need to be designed by non-partisan groups...not the same people who just won the election.

Small changes that could make things a lot better.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Globally, Broad Support for Representative and Direct Democracy - GMDino - 10-17-2017, 09:47 AM