Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
4 & 2, just beat Chiefs, play G-Bay later without Rodgers - Division likley for Pitt
(10-16-2017, 07:04 PM)kevin Wrote: No, I've read the garbage on this site and you don't have to carefully look at every thread.  It's pretty easy to see the endless threads of slim chances, weak Bengals, Burfict and Bengals treated unfair by Refs.  Steelers a better team and yet Refs give them all the breaks.  The world is against us. Climb in the toilet, flush and say good-bye cruel world, I'm off to join the circus.   So we have thread after thread of built in crutches for losing to Steelers this Sunday  ...Of course Bengals could win Sunday and go to 2-1 in the AFC North and tied losses with Steelers at 3. Yes Steelers would have one more win due to bye week, but Bengals would have key division win over Steelers.  Instead of high hopes for victory though, many on this site are already covering their rear ends with excuses in case Bengals lose.  We never have a fair chance and the NFL is mean to our poor Bengy's.  Of course our Defense could shut down Steelers and our Offense is improving and scores enough to win Sunday.   Of course this would mean all the gloom and doom threads would be wrong, what a horrible nightmare that would be.  I guess much better for these fans if Bengals just lose so they can be right.

I see what you are saying.

To me, the Steelers have just been better than the Bengals at making deep Playoff runs during the Big Ben era, coupled with some fortunate breaks like the Carson Palmer & Chris Henry injuries at the perfect moment for the Steelers. Jeremy Hill fumble then Burfict hit and Pac Man melt down at the perfect moment for the Steelers. Makes a Bengals fan feel cursed.

Overall, during Big Ben's era, the Steelers have been a much better team deeper in the Playoffs with 2 Big Ben Super bowls.

Our Defense gives us a shot this Sunday and our Offense should be able to put some points on the Board.

Big swing in where we stand if we Win Sunday.

Bengals 3 and 3 with a Win, with Steelers 4 and 3.

Or Bengals 2 and 4 with a Loss, with Steelers 5 and 2.

I think people have grown much to accustomed to something going wrong for the Bengals as we watch the Ball bounce the Steelers way.
Case in point for me was watching Aaron Rodgers go down knowing that the Steelers have to play Green Bay later this season.
Makes it seem like the Stars are aligned for the Steelers and people vent in ways you described about Refs, Burfict etc.

At the end of the day, the Bengals have to Earn it. Take it away from the Steelers. Change their Mojo by beating them this week on their Home Field. Be better.

I am itching to see it happen. For us to take this Division over and end what has seemed to be the Universe aligned in their favor.

It hasn't been Refs or the Universe, however.

Instead the Steelers have been ready to pounce on opportunities that arise in their favor and overcome obstacles like the Chiefs last week when their backs are against the wall.

The Bengals have to start doing that. Respond when our backs are against the wall.

Earn it and take it. No excuses...
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: 4 & 2, just beat Chiefs, play G-Bay later without Rodgers - Division likley fo... - depthchart - 10-17-2017, 10:55 AM