Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Globally, Broad Support for Representative and Direct Democracy
(10-17-2017, 10:21 PM)hollodero Wrote: ...who followed a career politician. Reince Priebus. I do know some things.
l do I do not mean to be cute, but I do not really see this new stability under Kelly. Or how things have turned significantly for the better. Granted, I do not follow every detail on the US domestic front, but Trump's appearances and erratic ways seem as large on display as ever, and stuff still leaks out left and right. But OK, that's just my impression.

The career politician Jeff Sessions wasn't really as stable as people like Tillerson or Mnuchin, who had their moments but overall helped keep some course. I don't know. I guess when a Trump comes along, career politicians are no guarantee things don't get out of hand. Still lots of time to go in this presidency, so too early for a verdict.

Overall, I consider it a thin argument for keeping the two party system in place. Since I know about my knowledge limitations as staded, I won't keep defending that particular stance though.

I said it more stable.

Sessions, despite some of his discriminatory positions, has actually established stability in the DOJ. He immediately recused himself from the Russia investigation and has been clear he wouldn't support removing Mueller from the investigation. 

Mnuchin has come under fire for taking trips on the tax payer's expense. Tillerson will likely be out in the coming weeks. 
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Globally, Broad Support for Representative and Direct Democracy - BmorePat87 - 10-18-2017, 08:22 AM