Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NFL Viewing is down 7.5%. Do you watch the Bengals as Much? Causes of this?
(10-18-2017, 10:29 AM)Nately120 Wrote: The issue too is that we are all watching on giant HD TVs and each call is shown from 10 angles and the video of said call is available on the internet for instant access immediately and forever onward and so on and so forth.  

Let's also admit that fans are extremely biased when it comes to seeing flags.  Fans can complain about the NFL throwing too many flags all they want all week long, but the second their QB gets taken down on 3rd down but they get a 15 yard "roughing the passer" flag instead of the punting unit they go ballistic with joy.

I'll admit the fact that there is a flag on virtually every punt return is annoying, but I'll be damned if I don't hear some uproarious cheers when a flag is thrown against the opposing team.  

Good points. What kind of irritates me is that the fans have a better view of what is/isn't a penalty when viewing on TV/computers over the refs who are on the field because of the picture quality and camera angles. You'd think that the NFL would adapt that technology into calling penalties the first time since it's better than what a ref can actually see on the field. Have the refs just be there primarily to set the ball and keep the players separated. Take some of their power away.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: NFL Viewing is down 7.5%. Do you watch the Bengals as Much? Causes of this? - ochocincos - 10-18-2017, 10:36 AM