Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NFL Viewing is down 7.5%. Do you watch the Bengals as Much? Causes of this?
(10-18-2017, 10:32 AM)Bengalholic Wrote: MNF, SNF, CBS and Fox all saw their NFL ratings decline last year, and the trend has continued through this year.                            
When you combine the number of people abandoning cable and satellite (projected to be 22 million this year alone) with the steady rise in people watching games via streaming sites, it's easy to see why the NFL's numbers are taking a hit.

Then of course, there's the fact that many feel the game is becoming harder to watch, in general, for a number of different reasons - and they're simply tuning out more often.

Even after the whole protest thing has passed, the NFL will still has some very real challenges when it comes to retaining viewers going forward, especially considering the ever-evolving (and nontraditional) media trends and options.

I thought it was illegal to stream an NFL game without NFL consent so if I am correct, they can calculate streaming thus accounting for it.

I cancelled the NFL ticket. I DVR'd channel 701 (4 games at a time) and channel 702 (8 games at a time) + all local games. Since I cancelled the ticket, I only watch one early and lone late game at most. I quit watching Sunday, Monday and Thursday nights also so I watch a whole lot less due to disrespecting our flag and our country. Find another way to protest (which is your right), but my right to watch you less when I disagree with your actions.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats

Messages In This Thread
RE: NFL Viewing is down 7.5%. Do you watch the Bengals as Much? Causes of this? - Luvnit2 - 10-18-2017, 02:13 PM