Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Globally, Broad Support for Representative and Direct Democracy
(10-17-2017, 08:18 PM)Dill Wrote: Turn the question around and it might be easier to answer.   Why are rural areas more conservative? Less diversity, and people still influenced by the groups around them.

But it's a smaller, less populous echo chamber that has less impact on voting.

And I've worked all over the US, big cities and small cities.  Conservative values and politics were not worn on the sleeve in podunk towns....But in the "liberal meccas" the BS can't be avoided.

IMO, the liberals are far more aggressive about imposing their views.  And I'd say it's a much bigger, much more powerful echo chamber.  I've seen it - and you see it on message boards - the liberal game right now is identity politics, and you see people reluctant to express conservative views because liberals come along to shout them down as racist, sexist, whatever.  "If I can't get you to agree with me, at least I can use vilify your position to get you to shutting up"

I don't want either extreme choosing the direction of the country.  The left wing view IS overrepresented, it IS taking over the Democratic party, and it IS dangerous and reckless
--------------------------------------------------------

Messages In This Thread
RE: Globally, Broad Support for Representative and Direct Democracy - JustWinBaby - 10-18-2017, 04:00 PM