Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
FBI invgestigation implicates Clinton’s and Obama Administration
(10-19-2017, 08:59 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: https://www.nytimes.com/2015/04/24/us/cash-flowed-to-clinton-foundation-as-russians-pressed-for-control-of-uranium-company.html

Clinton's donations were revealed before the election cycle even started.

I guess the only news is the FBI was investigating this at the time but never made anyone aware of the extent of it for years. How much did Holder or Obama know?

Good article on the issue.

I will add a little different perspective. I live about 30 miles from USEC's Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Plant. USEC, over the last 10 years, has been consolidating and shutting down plants, including ours. Why? Because uranium enrichment isn't profitable. PGD was burning through around 3,000 megawatts of coal (which is a lot) to produce enriched uranium, which no one wanted to buy.

I don't think having Russia in control of any percentage of our uranium is a good thing, and that should've been held up by the regulatory agencies. On the other hand, outside of making bombs, enriched uranium isn't a very profitable business. USEC was only able to keep going as long as it did because of the flow of government money trying to make nuclear power work. Even private sector resources never lived up to the hype. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: FBI invgestigation implicates Clinton’s and Obama Administration - Benton - 10-19-2017, 11:00 AM