Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trump to become first president to speak at anti-LGBT hate group's summit
(10-19-2017, 12:22 PM)bfine32 Wrote: unfortunately neither link opens at work. I'll be curious to read later

FWIW here's the sources reply when asked to clarify the matter:

I've read their response. They wiped their support of the death penalty, their praise of Uganda's president, and the attack on Obama for publicly denouncing it from their website. Those are things they said as an organization. 

So they're being dishonest about never saying it, and they're either lying about no longer supporting it or they no longer support it and don't want to admit that they once did. 

It also doesn't explicitly say they do not approve of life imprisonment, just that they don't support punishment where they also can't receive medical and psychological help to stop them from being gay. Which leads us to this...

A month and a half after the praise for Uganda, a leader at the FRC went on TV and even stated that gay behavior should be criminalized in the US

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/alvin-mcewen/frcs-peter-sprigg-support_b_446854.html

In the FRC's defense, this same man once was forced to apologize for saying gay people should be exported... though he retained his position as a leader within the group.

But to be fair, I will amend what I said to say they initially supported it and may no longer and their lobbying may have only been for removing wording that said gay rights are human rights.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Trump to become first president to speak at anti-LGBT hate group's summit - BmorePat87 - 10-19-2017, 01:11 PM