Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NFL Viewing is down 7.5%. Do you watch the Bengals as Much? Causes of this?
(10-19-2017, 01:13 PM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: You did see me apologize in there, right? You read my post, I assume.

Do I need to do it again?

Sometimes assumptions are safe. Sometimes they backfire.

For what it's worth, I do know a couple African Americans that don't support the flag protest. Not coincidentally, these guys also feel that there is no issue with the treatment of African Americans by police and others of authority. Sandwedge acknowledges that mistreatment. That's rare, from what I've seen.

I have no issue with peaceful protest, but the players doing this are harming their cause more than helping it.  They are alienating the majority of the audience.  Case in point, I know a staunch conservative who now refuses to go to Ted Nugent concerts.  He loves the music, but Ted uses his concerts as a platform to push his political views, and that's not why he's there.  Entertainment is escapism for most people.  Pissing off the people whose minds you need to change to accomplish your goal is totally counterproductive.  

People are also quick to point out the hypocrisy of the protesters.  They are literally perpetrating a stereotype of a profession in protest of a stereotype against their race.

To me, it's just a horribly lazy protest.  We've all heard the 37% statistics, but African Americans account for 35% of the US gang population, as well.  If they want to keep African Americans out of prison, they should devote their time and money towards keeping African Americans out of the gang lifestyle.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: NFL Viewing is down 7.5%. Do you watch the Bengals as Much? Causes of this? - Whatever - 10-19-2017, 02:13 PM