Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Weak Links (According to PFF Ratings)
(10-20-2017, 02:07 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: You misinterpreted a lot of what I wrote. I'll respond none-the-less.

1) No ratings are ever 100%. But I think these are fairly accurate? Do you dispute that the offensive line is bad? Well what do you know...our offensive line guys rate Poorly.

2) I said 'ranked among the worst'. I didn't say absolute worst. They're rated Poor and for instance Bodine is the #29 ranked Center. Lafell the #98 ranked WR. Fisher and Ced the #58 and #60 ranked Tackles.

Our #2 WR has 97 Wide-receivers rated better than him!

3) The defense overall? I'm sure every team has a guy or 2 rated poorly somewhere. Plus, our defensive line has dominant guys in Atkins and Dunlap. That covers up for guys like Billings/Sims/Glasgow. Same thing at LB. Burfict and Minter rank highly while Vigil ranks poorly. In the secondary, Kirkpatrick ranks bad, but Dennard and Jackson rank good.

It doesn't have to be all or nothing. Every guy on our defense doesn't have to be great.

Plus, you seem to be big on the rankings are subjective. Our ranking of #2 defense in the league based on yardage is subjective too. Play style factors in. How our offense plays. For instance, if we got huge leads teams would pass more which tends to equate to more yards.

There's nothing about football that is absolute. I get positive feedback from a lot of people when I post these for dialogue. And it is fairly time consuming to research these.

No, that is a fact, It adds to other facts like #2 scoring defense in the NFL in spite of taking more defensive snaps than others in the top 5.

Again I ask, please give us the total guys ranked so we can see for ourselves. Is Bodine 28 out of 32 or 28 out of 40? Neither is good, but one is much better than the other for example.. I have no idea how many guys they rank at each position so that would add more clarity in my opinion.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Weak Links (According to PFF Ratings) - Luvnit2 - 10-20-2017, 02:11 PM