Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Globally, Broad Support for Representative and Direct Democracy
(10-23-2017, 05:49 PM)Dill Wrote: I don't mind giving California a little electoral relief. They are so out of balance even with the other large states. But I did not say I was for making the electoral college equally representative in all states.

I see.... yet, you still want to split the electors for each state. For me, that's close enough.

(10-23-2017, 05:49 PM)Dill Wrote: And actually having a governor and all does not always help.  
https://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/06/25/supreme-court-reversed-citzens-united-montana_n_1605355.html

I insist that this does not have anything to do with voting rights, but with the law of the land. In the very principle, no voting system could protect from that. Being for more state rights as a whole isn't linked to overrepresentation of smaller states... at least in my fine little theory. Advocating inbalance always struck me as strange; so I might see the reasoning, I do still think that overrepresenting certain states isn't the right way to correct things. Maybe it is though, what do I know really.

I know half of the people in your country don't bother to vote, and that is astonishing and, in my opinion, alarming. I always guessed your whole winner takes all and unbalanced voting system has something to do with that. I also would gladly leave that to you if the whole world weren't affected by what I consider to be the result of that broad disinterest.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Globally, Broad Support for Representative and Direct Democracy - hollodero - 10-23-2017, 07:55 PM