Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trump to become first president to speak at anti-LGBT hate group's summit
(10-23-2017, 07:21 PM)Dill Wrote: Scary pandering. 

The American Founders invoked our Creator four times in the Declaration of Independence -- four times.  (Applause.)  How times have changed.  But you know what, now they're changing back again.  Just remember that. . . .

But I pledged that, in a Trump administration, our nation’s religious heritage would be cherished, protected, and defended like you have never seen before.  That's what’s happening.  That's what’s happening.  You see it every day.  You're reading it.

Wonder who wrote the script.

And I wonder if cherishing the dignity of every human life will affect immigration policy in any visible way.

and they invoked a creator at no point in the Constitution. It's amusing that he would mention Jefferson's neutral references to a creator. Most in that room would have joined in with Jefferson's critics in denouncing him as an atheistic for his views. 

He wants to defend the heritage of Jefferson's "Nature's God", a god of theism and reason. By all means, defend the man who called on respecting Jesus as moral figure, praising his devotion to others and not the corrupted forms of Christianity, as he called them. I'm not sure his view of Christianity translate very well to the hatred spewed by that group. 
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Trump to become first president to speak at anti-LGBT hate group's summit - BmorePat87 - 10-23-2017, 10:05 PM