Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Teacher punished for using the T word
(10-24-2017, 11:32 AM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Thug is not a racist term.  If used exclusively, by a certain person, to label a certain ethnicity then it's being used in a racist way.  This still does not make the term racist, intent is the real determinant.  The far left is making the term "racist" irrelevant because they use it to label any argument or statement they disagree with.

Do I think that the word is racist by classic definition? Of course not, and I don't think you'll find anyone arguing that it is.  

Do I think that the word is racist by usage?  Yes, I do. I don't really see why people are arguing against that statement.

This isn't a word that got SJW'd.  This is a word that is exclusively used to speak negatively of non-white people.  It is the polite (or chickenshit) way of saying "******".  When you hear someone talking about thugs ruining a neighborhood, or thugs committing various crimes, it is highly unlikely that they are referring to someone with pale skin.  You say that "If used exclusively, by a certain person, to label a certain ethnicity then it's being used in a racist way".  Well, this is its most common usage now.  How many people have to use it in this way for others to take notice of what is actually being said?

Words evolve.  They are shaped by the context surrounding their use.  Unfortunately, the evolution of the word "Thug" is pointing toward it being a racist term.
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Teacher punished for using the T word - Johnny Cupcakes - 10-24-2017, 03:19 PM