Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
46% agree MSM fabricate news about Trump.
(10-24-2017, 01:02 PM)Benton Wrote: On the flip side, we aren't there to protect civilians from other countries. We're there protecting interests of American companies, trying to maintain a strategic advantage in case WWIII ever breaks out, and trying to maintain an oil-dependent economy that's been falling apart since the 90s. Or longer.

I'm not trying to say we're terrorists or as bad as ISIS. We aren't, on either point. But we do have the same motive for being involved in the ME: money.

(10-24-2017, 12:15 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: A-*****-men.

If I thought for one minute that we took part in these conflicts out of compassion for the people being murdered, then I'd be more for it. But we're not, and I'm not.

You guys don't see international order as a good in itself?

Directly saving lives or making money are not the only worthwhile drivers of foreign policy, either for the US or most other countries. 

Certainly the US has made a mess in the Middle East, but that was hardly inevitable. I do not see even see a short term value in totally disengaging.  Stop electing incompetent presidents and senators/congressmen is the solution, not abandoning the region to anarchy.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: 46% agree MSM fabricate news about Trump. - Dill - 10-25-2017, 01:57 AM