Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Teacher punished for using the T word
(10-25-2017, 12:02 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: It took me all of two seconds to find this.

https://www.vice.com/en_us/article/kwzjvz/dear-white-people-please-stop-pretending-reverse-racism-is-real

Tag line;

It's literally impossible to be racist to a white person.

If you want, I could supply hundreds more examples, they're literally everywhere.

Hyperbole? Whatever

Well, reverse racism isn't real, because racism against a white person is still racism. I've seen a lot of these types of arguments, and a lot of it focuses on systemic racism but ignores the daily racism rooted in personal prejudices that everyone carries around with them. With my field of study being in the social sciences, this is the type of thing that I see crop up from time to time. I just wish they would stop with their sweeping declarations and not recognize how nuanced the idea of racism is. Maybe racial discrimination or racial prejudice would be a more accurate term for what most people are thinking of as racism outside of systemic issues, but those phrases aren't going to catch on and so we need to recognize that racism comes in many different varieties, including ones directed at majority races/ethnicities.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Teacher punished for using the T word - Belsnickel - 10-25-2017, 01:05 PM