Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Bengals joking in locker room after loss
@PhilHos - What does that say about the organization, though, that so many REASONABLE fans believed this story to be tre?

Heh. I can’t speak for them!

@Pat5775 – Dalton is up after 2020. So, it’ll be a while. And he would never ask for a trade.

@R3Stangs
- But it doesn't appear that they're too upset about it.

That’s not really the case. I think Dan Hoard and Dave Lapham, team employees, said it best today on the radio. This reporter singled out Burfict, the only player by name, and “others.” Remember last year the “I hate Pittsburgh” headline Burfict created? That was literally the only words he said to the media that entire week, to a Pittsburgh reporter, as he walked to the training room. He refused to speak to anyone this week, and he refused to speak to anyone post game. But if this Pittsburgh writer said he saw this, chances are Burfict saw him. So you can draw your own conclusions as to how that all went down. Trust me – I was in there, for the entire period we’re allowed. It was not a jovial, happy place.

@BMK et al. – sideline demeanor

Again, I can’t speak to that (we don’t see the broadcast). What I will say is that, clearly, it’s bad optics.
I will also say this, which kind of goes back to the post-loss “mood” or whatever you want to call it. Every person is different. Let’s be real: let’s say they’re laughing on the sidelines and it’s captured on TV. Then they win the game. Then it’s, hey, wow, look how loose they were – they weren’t tight at all and that’s why they won.

A guy in the media room said it best: The winner controls the narrative. Pittsburgh says what they want, when they want, about who they want, because that’s what the hammer gets to do to the nail. Every time.

So, until the Bengals get over the Steelers things with this group, it is what it is. All I can do is help answer some of these other questions or offer some insight.
Beat writer for Cincinnati.com & The Enquirer. Follow along on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and Periscope.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Bengals joking in locker room after loss - jowczarski - 10-25-2017, 11:43 PM