Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
When does the honeymoon with Tobin end?
(10-26-2017, 09:29 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I think it's fair to say some heads need to roll for this. I realize the human aspect, but that's just how the NFL works. 3 awful drafts in a row, historically bad o-line and run game, 8-13-1 record since last year. Another embarrassing spanking in Pittsburgh. 0-7 in the playoffs and the playoffs it looks like it's going to stay that way for ahile.

This team needs a lot of change.

I read that article from 2000 about how the Bengals didn't give players shoes and individual jock strap yesterday and it really made me think...that was 6-7 years into Mike Browns tenure. The Bengals management has only worked for the Bengals...so none see how other organizations do things. They don't know that the way we do things are not the same.

Then Marvin has been here some 14-15 years. Alexander has been here some 24 years. Guenther has been with Marvin for some 14 years.

Lazor is outside. Maybe a few other assistants, but even they tend to stay here for a long time.

Without having outside people, you can't see how other teams do things...and it eventually leads to complacency.

Marvin came from outside years ago and came in and changed some things...but at some point he was indoctrinated into the 'Bengals way.'
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: When does the honeymoon with Tobin end? - THE PISTONS - 10-26-2017, 10:16 AM