Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
When does the honeymoon with Tobin end?
(10-26-2017, 10:41 AM)Brownshoe Wrote: I really don't think Tobin is the problem. We did miss 3 drafts in a row, but when he's done good 4 out of the last 7 I don't think it's that bad. I think the biggest thing is that we need someone to help with drafting for the OL. Alexander obviously isn't the best one to help with that.

We can't say he's done good 4 out of the last 7. These last 2 drafts are Incomplete grades at best. For a Great Draft, you need atleast 1 Pro Bowl player and another quality starter or two. For a Good draft, I'd say you need 2 quality starters.

We're assuming Mixon and Ross will be stars. And Mixon looks talented...but he's averaging 3.2 ypc.

Lawson looks good too...but most of his sacks were in 1 game against a backup Tackle. He's going to need to keep doing it against good players and he needs to work a lot on his run defense. He's 1 dimensional now.

I'd say that our last Good+ draft was 2011.

From 2016 - William Jackson looks good. Who else looks like a really good starter? Boyd - No. Vigil - Below average at best so far. Billings? He's been bad so far.

From 2012 - Dre Kirkpatrick is the only player still on the roster.

2011 - Great Draft with Dalton, Green, Boling.
2010 - Great Draft with Dunlap and Atkins.
2009 - Huber, Andre Smith, Maualuga, Michael Johnson - I'd call that an average to above average draft.
2008 - Bad Draft.
2007 - Leon Hall and no one else. Average draft.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: When does the honeymoon with Tobin end? - THE PISTONS - 10-26-2017, 11:09 AM