Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is Trumpism the new GOP mainstream?
(10-26-2017, 11:53 AM)GMDino Wrote: To me it comes down to what does Trump do for his party and supporters in the end.

The article says they are all aware of his flaws but are tired of hearing about them.  If that is true (I don't believe it is because too many refuse to admit his flaws and see them as strengths) then in the end if will come down to if he keeps his campaign promises.  

But will they believe it when he does not?  When their insurance rates skyrocket due to his actions?  When they don't get a tax cut? When there is no wall and they don't "lock her up"?

I'm not sure they will if their support comes from a place of "I'm tired of being called names for my beliefs" and they vote for a guy who calls names on people who don't agree with him.

Most likely not. People — not people on just one side, but all people — mostly believe what they want to. There's people who want to believe we're the most taxed nation on the planet, or that we alone have racism, or whatever. You can point out that we're not in either regard, and it won't matter much to some.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Is Trumpism the new GOP mainstream? - Benton - 10-26-2017, 11:57 AM