Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hobson on Mike's reluctance to change
Quote:"...He thinks he’s close and he thinks any kind of change is a setback. Agree with him or disagree with him, but franchises like Buffalo, Cleveland, Jacksonville, Miami and others that keep changing coaches and quarterbacks like socks and cell phones reinforce his fears."

Rant

That excuse drives me crazy.

I don't like change, either. And I laugh at the Browns and Jags for their long history of torching everything they build every couple years (or in Cleveland's case, every year), regardless of what's working or not working. You don't build a championship team in one season.

On the flipside, you don't keep slamming your foot in the door and expect to get through to the other side.

For me, four years is the benchmark. If you feel like you're moving in the right direciton — players are developing, draft picks are developing, everybody in the locker room gets the scheme, you're picking up more mile markers — then give it another season or maybe tweak it some and reevaluate. If after four years you aren't getting the results you want... like no playoff wins and a laughably bad primetime game ratio .... then you've got to figure out what's not working. Head coach? Scouting? Positions? If you can't fix it in a fifth season, then you're guess was wrong and you need more drastic measures (like pulling a Browns and rebuild from a new HC down).
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Hobson on Mike's reluctance to change - Benton - 10-26-2017, 03:12 PM