Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hobson on Mike's reluctance to change
(10-26-2017, 11:45 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: In another Hobson article, from 2016, Mike talks about why he sticks with Marvin:

Lewis may have been fired from many NFL teams given the messy ending and a 0-7 post-season record. But Brown is famous for being the most patient owner in any pro sport. Yet on Tuesday he offered an excellent defense of his guy. A fundamental, pragmatic view of another century.

“If coaches were hired and fired on that account, the NFL would have a turnover rate about three times what is has now,” Brown said. “Yes, we want to win a playoff game, we want to win the Super Bowl. So do a lot of other teams, most of which have not gotten as far as we've gotten.

“It was a process for the two of us. It was his first time as a head coach and probably he was a little leery of different moments when it was not easy. And we worked through all of those and we became very comfortable. I'm quite respectful of Marvin. I think he's a good person. He's done a good job for us. I appreciate his loyalty. I feel lucky to have him, and I think the city should feel that way too.”

This is why I think Marvin gets re-signed, yet again - assuming he wants to come back. Mike is very comfortable with Marvin, and Marvin has been loyal to the Brown family. If Mike didn't think 7 playoff losses was a reason to fire him, I doubt the last couple of seasons will be much of a determining factor. 

And the beat goes on...
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Hobson on Mike's reluctance to change - Derrick - 10-27-2017, 01:57 PM