Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
White privilege bolstered by teaching math
(10-30-2017, 11:39 AM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Exactly who would those people be?  I'm interested in the labels you have chosen to apply to people.

William Shatner called, he wants to take arrogance classes from you.  He thought he was good but is literally in awe of how much more full of himself he could get.

An interesting choice of words.  I tend to view your posts as talking at people, not to/with them.  Belsnickel, Benton, Leonard, Zona, those are people who I view as actually engaging in  discussion (apologies to any I missed, this list is by no means exhaustive).  Just a friendly piece of advice, near non-stop condescension isn't a very effective way of communicating.

LOL, So when I speak of right and left posters I am "choosing" to apply labels to people. What are you doing when you protect the forum from "leftists"?

Something in my posts makes you feel condescended to. You are unable to specify it, but you have to talk about the feeling and charge me with "arrogance."

Just for the record: On thread after thread I have responded civilly to baiting posts from you (like the one cited above). When asked to define "liberal democracy" or explain scholarly standards, or whatever, I have done so with care and exactness. And I have answered follow up questions.

In response to my posts, you have called me "duplicitous," a "condescending ass," a plagiarizer and an "ideologue" who cannot be reasoned with, and expressed your "disgust" at my "ilk." I have never responded in kind. When I have politely asked you to leave off the personal abuse, you have taken that as more "condescension" and ramped it up.

I tend to view name calling as talking at people, not to/with them. Not a very effective way of communicating. Most of the model posters you list above probably agree because they never resort to personal abuse.

I have never refused to answer a question or explain a point to you or anyone in this forum or the previous one. But I am going to make an exception in your case. If you want to focus on the topic/substance on the thread I will gladly continue with you. But I am not going back and forth with you about my "condescension" or whatever triggers your anger.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: White privilege bolstered by teaching math - Dill - 10-30-2017, 11:38 PM