Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DNC: we don’t want to recruit any cis gendered white males
(10-31-2017, 05:08 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I'm sure there are 1,000 different studies; however, this was pulled from the Bureau of Labor Statistics:

https://www.bls.gov/opub/ted/2012/ted_20121026.htm

[Image: ted_20121026_a.png]

I don't see the drastic ratio that Ms Leader is fighting to combat according to many in here. Looks like she might want to tell her folks to quit hiring those Asians. Also I have not saw an unequal ratio in the IT field of white men in my dealings with folks on a daily basis. I will be cognizant going forward.  

That's because you're interpreting that graph incorrectly.
That's the distribution of careers within each race and ethnicity. Not a distribution of races within career fields. That's why you have four totals of 100% for four individual races/ ethnicity instead of one total of 100% for all four races/ethnicities combined.

White employees could account for 96% of the employees while African Americans, Asians, and Hispanics and Lations could account for 1% each. But, the individual breakdown of each 1% will show a distribution that equals 100% because you're only breaking down that 1%.

So you cant draw your conclusion based upon that graph.

So more Asians might choose professional career, but that graph doesn't mean Asians outnumber other races in professional careers.

Messages In This Thread
RE: DNC: we don’t want to recruit any cis gendered white males - oncemoreuntothejimbreech - 10-31-2017, 08:58 PM